Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Strange Sighting

One of the guys I work with lives not too far away from me, about a mile south.

Jim jogs in the morning through my neighborhood, and on occasion he'll notice something out of the ordinary and mention it.

And what he saw was definitely out of the ordinary: he said he saw a fox, not once but twice.

I asked if he was sure and he said "Definitely, it had the big bushy tail and his two ears right on top. Too big for a cat, didn't move like a cat."

This explains why I've been seeing fewer bunny rabbits in my area. We had a litter of rabbits born in our back yard this past spring and the rabbit holes started appearing. Foxes definitely like rabbits.

I've seen possums in the 'hood before, but not the fox.

Better that the fox takes care of the rabbits before I have to.

No comments: