Monday, November 19, 2007

Hamster update

Last time I updated the hamster situation, Hammy was leaping from the second story of his cage.

He's still doing that, and he's not dead yet. I can, however, see the day that he jumps and breaks a leg and I will end up having to push him in some sort of hamster wheelchair.

So, what's the update for, Mike?

Well, Hammy now has yet another house.

We're visiting the in-laws and Hammy is coming with us and he needed a portable habitat.

And we didn't buy this one. No, no, no. I had to make it out of a Sterilite container and hand tools. Drill holes in it (not too many... maybe not enough... hee hee... just kidding, kids), and a place for the water bottle to hang down from.

It was not easy, and I cracked some of the plastic in the process. Ever wonder what kind of plastic is immune from Krazy Glue? It's the kind that this container is made from, of course.

No comments: